Overview of the course:
PeopleTools is integrated into every aspect of PeopleSoft applications. This course gives participants the essential tools to work with object-oriented PeopleCode. Participants actively build programming skills in a PeopleSoft environment. The tools and skills learned in this course provide the participants with the structure of PeopleCode and prepare them to move on to more advanced applications. During the PeopleTools course students are introduced to the PeopleSoft application development methodology. PeopleTools provides a general description of PeopleSoft system architecture and the tool set used to develop new or customize existing PeopleSoft applications along with hands-on activities to reinforce the concepts.
Upon successful completion of this course students will be able to Use the PeopleCode development tools to write, edit, and debug PeopleCode programs as well as choose the events in which to place PeopleCode. Students will also learn use object-oriented PeopleCode, manipulate data in the component buffer, data buffers and in SQL tables, Application Engine, Component Interface etc.
- Navigation in the PeopleSoft Applications
- Technology Overview
- Organizing and validating your data
- Developing with the eight steps of customization
- Designing the application
- Defining the fields
- Defining the record definition
- Building the SQL
- Defining the page
- Defining the Component
- Component Registration Wizard
- Security and Testing
- Applying advanced design concepts.
- Using views in PeopleSoft applications.
- Creating summary pages using views.
- Creating and using search records with views.
- Using views as prompt table edits.
- Understanding TableSet sharing.
- Creating parent-child relationships.
- Understanding buffer allocation.
- Creating subrecords and subpages.
- Deferred vs. Interactive processing.
- Using images in PeopleSoft applications.
- Designing pages using style sheets.
- Using PeopleCode development tools.
- Describing the Component Processor.
- Explaining the component buffer.
- Explaining PeopleCode events.
- Using PeopleCode variables.
- Writing PeopleCode programs.
- Using built-in functions.
- Writing PeopleCode functions.
- Programming With Object-Oriented PeopleCode
- Referencing data in the component buffer.
- Creating custom objects with application classes.
- Using data buffer methods.
- Executing SQL in PeopleCode.
- Tuning and Debugging your PeopleCode
PeopleSoft Application Engine
- Overview of Application Engine.
- Using Application Engine Designer.
- Understanding the Sections & Steps.
- Using state records.
- Incorporating conditional processing.
- Using PeopleCode with Application Engine.
- Using set processing.
- Using temporary tables.
- Executing Application Engine programs.
- Creating process definitions for Application Engine.
- Measuring Application Engine Performance.
- Tuning Application Engine Programs.
PeopleSoft Component Interface
- Overview of Component Interface
- Using Component Interface
- Understanding of Component Interface Property, Method & Collections
- Integration with PeopleCode and Application Engine
- Executing the integrated code & debugging.
PeopleSoft Integration Broker
- Review of PeopleTools concepts
- Introduction to PeopleSoft Integration Broker Architecture
- Configuring PeopleSoft Integration Broker
- Creating Messages
- Creating Message Parts and Containers
- Creating Asynchronous Service Operations
- Sending and Receiving Asynchronous Service Operations
- REST based Services
- Using Service Utilities
- Monitoring Asynchronous Service Operations
- Creating Synchronous Service Operations
- Applying Transformations using XSLT
- Applying Translations Using Codesets
- Creating and Testing Component Interfaces
- Creating and Testing Component Interfaces (continued)
- Implementing Component Interfaces
- Working with Component Interface Collections
- Enabling Component Interfaces as Services
- Providing and Consuming Web Services
- Testing Service Operations
- Using Query Manager
- Creating a Simple Query
- Filtering Output with Criteria
- Filtering Output with Runtime Prompts
- Creating Expressions
- Using Connected Query and Drilling URLs
- Working with Multiple Tables
- Using Summary Calculations
- Performing Administrative Tasks
- Understanding The Basics of PeopleTools Security
- Navigation in the PeopleSoft Applications
- Security and the Internet Architecture
- Managing Security Relationships
- Security Sets - Application Security
- Security Auditing
- Developer Security
- Data Encryption
- Process Security
- Query Security
- Portal Registry Security
- Getting Started with SQL and SQR
- Exploring an SQR Program File
- Using SQR Variables and Program Flow Commands
- Printing in SQR
- Manipulating String, Date, and Numeric Data
- Advanced Printing with SQR
- Using Arrays
- Implementing SQC Files and Local Procedures
- Using Lookup Tables
- Working with External Data
- Adding an SQR Program to the Process Scheduler
- Prompting for User Input
- Creating Dynamic SQL
- Using Printer Commands
- Creating Multiple Reports
- Using Interoperability Features
- Using HTML and Miscellaneous Functions
- Debugging and Tuning SQR Programs
- Understanding the Technology of Workflow
- Using and Creating Navigator Maps
- Identifying Workflow
- Developing Workflow Applications
- Building Supporting Definitions
- Creating Roles and Users
- Creating Worklist Records
- Creating Events and Routings
- Creating Event Triggers
- Testing Workflow
- Using and Creating Email Routings
- Using Ad Hoc Notifications
- Using and Creating Route Controls
- Administering Workflow
- Using Batch Workflow Processing
- Using Virtual Approver
- Set up and Implement Virtual Approver
- Creating Worklist Feeds
- Setup and Configure Approval Framework
- Define and Monitor Dynamic Approvals
Trainer’s Profile: Trainer is working as a Senior Consultant from IBM India, based in Pune with 7+ years of Consulting and Training Experience.
Course Duration: 2 Month (Around 50+ Hours) of Class Room Training, Classes will be conducted during morning, evening, or weekends. Duration of the class would be 1 – 4 Hours (depends on Weekdays or Weekend Batch)
Course Fee: 25,000 INR
Trainer’s Contact Details: +91-9325793756 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Mode of Training: This would be class room Training with Practical hands on system. So what’s we teach as per theory we show every steps and Process on the system. We recommend our student to concentrate much on Practice and get more Hands on.
PeopleSoft Software Access: PeopleSoft Training Academy will Provide PeopleSoft Software (Valid Learning License) and that will be installed in your personal laptop for the Practice.
Books and Study Material: PeopleSoft Training Academy will provide all Study Material and Books for this course in Soft Copy format.
Self-Practice Required: If you are looking to get into Informatica Development role so please dedicated 150-250 Hrs.’ of Self-study and Practice in order to get command on the system and then only you can easily clear Interviews.
Background Need to get into this course: This course suits to the people who are coming from Technical Background (BE, MCA, BCA, MCS etc.). If you have any Prior knowledge of any Programming Skills (C, C++, Java etc.), this will help you to understand the course better.